Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My roots

We found out sometime ago that the Honduras soccer team was playing for the Gold Cup in Houston at Reliant Stadium. Both my parents were born and raised in Honduras and all my four older siblings were born there. We could not miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to watch them in Texas so we all went. It was exciting to watch my first soccer game ever, but it was even more exciting to see so many HondureƱos and cheering along with them. Pictured from left to right is my older brother Manuel, my dad, my mom, and me holding Elena.


Elena came along in her Honduran t-shirt and enjoyed every bit of it. As she watched the people in the stands do the wave, she felt compelled to join them.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Yea futbol !!!!!!!!!!! LOVE this sport. So glad you had so much fun! Your family is beautiful. Dominic was behind me as I pulled up the picture and whispered "Jo-sie? NANNI!!!!!!" :) Now he's trying to climb on the bed....bye!