Thursday, January 8, 2009

School!

Elena started school this week. She is going twice a week for a total of 5 hours. Would you believe I forgot to take pictures of her in the classroom with backpack and all? Apparently I was the only nervous one. She didn't cry and the change in routine didn't seem to phase her, her teachers said. When I arrived to pick her up on the first day she didn't want to leave. I guess that's a good thing, but I think I'm the one who might need some adjusting. When I arrived home after dropping her off, the house seemed so quiet, I didn't know what to do without my chatty preschooler. Here are some pictures of her on the school playground. If it's above 15 degrees they can play outside with all their winter gear on, of course.



Her face is covered up because her hat is on backwards. Can you imagine dressing 8 preschoolers in all this?

Only this little someone else can make me pass the time w/o my big girl.

She is very well aware of what the camera is for and it's so hard to get a picture of her without this mischievous smile.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Is that the Spanish language program you were talking about? She looks like she is having a blast!

Julia said...

I have been wondering about school! Tell me all about it! Isn't it ODD the first time you drop them off? I felt like I was naked or something when I came home! I'm so glad Elena is adjusting so well! :) Can't wait to hear more!

Josie said...

Megan, since Elena started school mid year there were no spots left in the Spanish Immersion program, but hopefully next year.