Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter traditions






My neighbor invited us to dye Easter eggs. Thank you Jamie! The girls had so much fun! It's so nice having a mom and toddler pair as friends and neighbors upstairs. We really live in the same house so it's nice to get out without actually having to leave the house. This works out perfect on bad weather days. We go to each others houses in socks or slippers and the girls in pj's sometimes. The best part is when we trade for babysitting. Although we do babysit at the others person's house it's nice to know I can quickly run downstairs (my place) if I'm desperately needed.

Anyway, I remember dying Easter eggs only once with a friend in 3rd grade. We didn't grow up with this tradition and I have yet to learn exactly what to do besides the painting of course. What do you do with the boiled eggs when you're done? Do you hide them with the plastic ones? Do you give them to the Easter Bunny? Do you eat them right after painting them? As with any tradition I know there are variations within families so please do share your Easter egg tradition with me! You can see the Easter egg tradition we grew up with here and here.

1 comment:

Carmen Castro Martinez said...

We also did the same thing. We painted the cascarones but they were not boiled. I saved the empty shells and the kids decorated them and all. They even enjoyed the task of filling them up with confetti and covering them up with the colored tissue. The next day we used the same cascarones(plus some that we had bought)for the kids to use during the egg hunt. Needless to say, the kids really enjoyed this activity. I'll be placing some pics in the blog. Hope this helps! Hope you enjoyed your Easter with Omar and the girls.