Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day


Mt. Bonnell is one of my favorite locations in Austin. Back when Omar and I were dating and I was attending UT and he was attending A&M we took this little hike to the top of this hill called Mt. Bonnell. You actually walk up some limestone stairs to get to the top so it's not really a hike but the view is beautiful. Anyway, on our first hike when we were at each other's rival school, Omar carved I love Josie, Omar loves Josie or something like that on a limestone rock. A couple of years later I was surprised to see the carved inscription still there so I took a picture which is now filed away in one of my many photo boxes. Now everytime we go I can't help but look for that same inscription which I'm sure was washed away with erosion and I get warm fuzzy feelings of our initial dating days. I'll scan and post that pic if I ever find it.

1 comment:

Julia said...

B and I have special hiking memories with Mt. Bonnell too. Seeing this pictures makes me want to move to ATX!!!! I loved the M & E updates! I will be praying for sweet E's surgery. I am so glad that everything looks like it is lining up well for the Fall with school. Miss you and want more updates soon! :)