Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Update

29 weeks
I haven't really posted many updates on this pregnancy because it's been going well and I have generally been feeling better than my last pregnancies. At 7 months the nausea is mostly gone and I'm not starving or running to the nearest restroom frequently anymore. Today I find myself a bit discouraged and worried though because I failed my glucose screening. The first test that is. I also failed the 1st test with Elena but later passed the 2nd one. With Marisa I passed the 1st and was thrilled not to have to do the 3 hour one again. I detest that test!! Who ever thought to deny a pregnant woman of food for 12+ hours wasn't thinking straight. Anyway, aside from that I'm measuring 5 weeks ahead!!! (fundal height). Again wouldn't worry me but I measured big with Elena with whom I had complications and measured just fine with Marisa with whom I had none. The last two weeks I've been feeling yucky in general. All kinds of aches and pains often and everywhere. Uncomfortable contractions often throughout the day which I don't remember having before. I'm uncomfortable enough to wonder, "How will I make it 2+ months, 11 more weeks?" It's the same thought I had with Elena early on, the feeling that something doesn't feel right and now that same feeling is back. Everything of course looks normal as of now and there are really no concerns with my midwives and doctors. But again there was no concern with Elena and everything was showing up fine up until the day I got induced.

I'll be having another ultrasound because of the fundal height and well I'll be going in for that 3 hour glucose screening. I suppose once those are completed some of my concerns will be eased. In the meantime I pray, pray, pray I start to feel more normal, more right and can get this baby to full term. Thank you God for blessing our family with new life again. Help me continue to nourish her within me as long as necessary. Amen.

1 comment:

Carmen Castro Martinez said...

Amen. Everything will turn out fine...you'll see. Hope to see you all soon and we can't wait to meet your new addition!! :)