Friday, November 26, 2010

Elena is 5


Elena is 5. What is hard to believe is that I feel I'm officially a parent now that I have a 5 year old. I know I've been parenting long enough, but I can remember thinking how experienced those parents of my former kindergarten students were with their 5 year olds; I certainly don't feel like I'm one of them but I suppose this makes it official.

Elena has blossomed so much especially now that she is in full time school. She is learning so quickly and I am so amazed at the things she says everyday and the amount of it!! She is still her bubbly self and sometimes it leads her to trouble or to being in trouble. But I love that she is so adaptable and easily gets over things that make her upset. At school her art teacher described her as a ball of sunshine. I think that describes Elena perfectly. I finally did an interview with her. I could have written paragraphs for each question!

What is your favorite color? yellow and red and also blue too. I have three favorite colors cause I love them so much!

What is your favorite food? peas and rice of Polar Express, ummm Panda Express. I forgot the name of the restaurant, and Panda Express is my favorite restaurant.

What is your favorite thing to play. I like to play with all the centers in my house, my favorite house!

What makes you feel happy? Playing at Hopping House and la senora (lady) telling me my shirt says birthday girl.

What makes you scared? The train sound in the night.

What do you like to do at school most of all? Me gusta el jardin.(I like the garden.)
Why? because I like to play together and plant the seeds.

What do you like to do with Daddy? Play games
What games? Connect 4

What do you like to do with mom? Play in the backyard and hug and kiss.


Don't worry, we cut this slice even further.


Marisa helping mix the cupcake batter
The school cupcakes


Centers

With her teacher

No comments: