Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Break

We had a busy Spring Break with lots of visitors including a visit all the way from Boston. Omar's former coworker and friend was in San Antonio for a conference and hung out with us for part of his vacation. It was nice getting to see him and his wife again and recalling how young the girls were when they met them. I could hardly believe Marisa was just a baby and Elena a toddler not so long ago. My brother also stopped in for a quick visit. He will be Karina's Godfather and it was nice that he got to see her. We had Omar's oldest sister and her husband and our niece Briana over for the first time since we moved to Austin. Then the girls had a little playdate with the daughters of two of my childhood friends since 19 years ago! Now I feel old! We all have girls and the babies' names all begin with K. The daddies surely felt outnumbered. It was strange thinking of our times growing up together and then seeing each other now as mommies. It was fun. Finally, Julia stopped by for lunch with Bronius and the boys. Yes, Julia with her 3 boys and me with my 3 girls. When we were pregnant we joked we should trade our babies to have the other sex. ;)

The rest of the week I enjoyed stress free without having to worry about school schedules. It was so wonderful having Elena home and venturing out in the city with my 3 girls.

Hamilton pool


photos by Doug





A visit with Julia and family
The daughters of my childhood friends

Downtown and at the Children's Museum


A picture by Elena

3 comments:

Carmen Castro Martinez said...

Wow!! You had a full house and schedule!!! Charlie suggested that I go visit you with the kids during Spring Break like last year- but a friend needed my help here and I stuck around to help her (she had done the same while I was in Honduras). Guess it wasn't meant to be. I hope we can see you guys soon. I can't wait for summer!!

Hunter C said...

You seem very busy! I can't believe you got all that done with three little ones! I feel like we hardly do anything b/c I can't get Hannah and the girl I babysit, Maddy, out the door. Looks like fun!

Julia said...

You had such a busy week! :) Thanks so much for having us for lunch, we loved your beautiful home!!! Hamilton pool is gorgeous. Can't wait to go one day! :)