Friday, July 8, 2011

6 month update


Karina is 6 months old now and is just a sweetie. She continues to be adaptable in many situations. The California 2 hour time difference didn't even seem to phase her in either direction. She can fall asleep between 7 and 7:30 but doesn't get fussy if we keep her up until 8 or 9pm which is great when Omar is out of town and I can't get everyone's bath and bedtime routines done before then. Regardless of when we put her down for bedtime she wakes up between 7 and 8 am. The other girls usually wake first and then come and wake her. Karina doesn't mind and is always all smiles when she wakes regardless of where she is.

She is starting to grab anything she sees and taking it directly to her mouth. She likes to roll more than once. She loves eating and calls out for food in her own baby way when she sees us eat. I love how she snuggles up to me. When I hold her she places her head on my chest ever so slightly and lovingly.

She has grown so much in the last 2 months. She is 15lbs 7ounces. She is right in the 50th percentile for weight and height. All the girls were and continue to be. I guess that's what happens when you combine a tall dad with a short mama. ;)

The baby phase really goes by too quickly. Pretty soon she'll be sitting up and crawling and I'll have to install those baby gates. I can't even believe she's eating solids already!!!

First swim



falling asleep on the front lawn


Friends



How did she get so big so fast?
7 days old

6 months old

2 comments:

Hunter C said...

Thats great that she can be so flexible with bed time. I wish hannah was but i don't know many first children who are real flexible.

Carmen Castro Martinez said...

OMG!! Really?!!! I can't believe how big she is and so beautiful!