Thursday, November 17, 2011

Elena is 6


This is the most emotional birthday of one of my girls thus far. Elena recently had a growth spurt. I was in denial and was still dressing her in size 5T. When I finally admitted that they no longer fit I went shopping and it was then that I realized that Elena had moved up to the "Girls" section. No more shopping in the toddler section with single digits and the letter "T" Her clothing is now in a whole other section with different styles and fashion sense and not to mention a few dollars more ;). How could I possibly have a six year old?

But I am thankful. Elena has filled our lives with joy these last 6 years and she continues to do so everyday. Elena means light and some how the compliments we receive about her are always related to that meaning. Last year her art teacher commented that Elena was a ball of sunshine. This year her Kindergarten teacher said "Es un placer tener a Elena en mi clase; ilumina mi salon. (It is a pleasure having Elena in my class she brightens my room). Elena really does light up our lives. She is happy go lucky and optimistic, always smiling and passing on that contagious laugh.

Some milestones:

Elena can READ!
She pumps on a swing
She skips
She makes her bed
She showers w/o help
She shows empathy
She puts dishes away

That's all I can think of now. I'll post more if I remember. We love you Elena! Happy 6th Birthday!!!

Birthday morning





Lunch and birthday celebration at school






No comments: