Saturday, February 25, 2012

NABE

I'm slowly trying to earn professional development credits to maintain my teaching certificate. Last October, I attended TABE in McAllen and this February, I attended NABE in Dallas. The conference was three days long and I brought Karina along with me. Meanwhile, Omar stayed home with the girls and took over my daily duties for 3 days in addition to simultaneously working from home. He basically worked until Elena was out of school. It was actually a nice break for me having a change of pace and I was thankful that Omar took over and gave me the opportunity to do this.

A friend and I initially planned to go with with our babies and alternate babysitting the babies at the hotel while the other went to the sessions but once there we decided to experiment bringing the babies along to the sessions and step out when needed. While it may possibly sound disastrous, it turned out perfectly this way. Karina slept in the stroller when she was tired and she rarely was noisy enough for me to have to step out. The best part was that nobody seemed to mind and I even saw at least two other parents there with their children in tow. I loved this special time with Karina and I also loved getting a refresher about teaching, dual language, and bilingual education and realizing that it all continues to be of great interest to me.

the babies playing

K sleeping in the hotel

After dinner
I loved this amazing wedding dress like cake I saw through a bakery window after dinner




No comments: