Thursday, July 19, 2012

Our trip!

About a year ago Omar and I starting talking about taking a trip to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We vaguely discussed locations and then one day he told me the location we would visit would be a surprise. I was shocked. Omar is not the surprising type but he kept true to his word and kept it a secret. I was flattered. Now our actual anniversary is not until next month but we celebrated early. The trip was absolutely incredible. I loved that it was a surprise. I eventually found out we would venture to Washington state a week prior to the trip so that I could pack appropriately, but Omar sweetly planned our itinerary too and the places we would stay. It was like opening one of those boxed presents with a box inside it, and then another box inside that one. Have I mentioned I loved that he did this! I have so many pictures and soo many memories of our time together without stress, without interuptions, with just each other just like the beginning. It was so nice and needed for both of us and I am so thankful. I will never forget this. There are so many pictures including some we took with a disposable waterproof camera on our whale watching kayak tour! They are not developed yet, but I'll post what I have and try not to post everything. It's so hard though...so many wonderful memories...I know, I know, I've said it. Okay I'll stop now. I should mention that without a baby to hold I took advantage and brought my DSLR, so some photos are just my attempt at learning to use my fairly new camera just scroll on.

1 comment:

Hunter C said...

What a wonderful gift/surprise! I love that area of the country. I'm sure you had a wonderful trip!