Saturday, January 12, 2008

Marisa is 5 weeks old


Sometimes I forget how recently Marisa came into our lives. It seems like we've had her forever. I've been trying to think of things to post since normally I have a waiting list of things in my head that I want to post but nothing much is happening here. I wondered why I haven't really taken many photos of Marisa in the last month and why I can't seem to describe her just yet but I came to realize that it's because she is still spending most of her time sleeping. She nurses and falls right to sleep. Now this doesn't by any means mean that I am still living the life of a parent with one sole child while Marisa sleeps, because she spends half her sleep time on me. But anyway, she is still a very content baby who hardly fusses...that is if you ask me and this leads me to the topic below. Ask Omar about Marisa's personality and you'll likely hear a different story.

Since I didn't know what to write about Marisa, Omar told me to write about how much Marisa dislikes him. :( Now let me explain. As many of you know Elena gave us a very rough 3 months of colic. She screamed for many hours at night and prefered neither Omar nor myself. If she was mad it was at anyone and everything. Now if you ever read this Elena don't be hurt by this...you turned out to be the easiest, sweetest baby after those 3 months. Well, Marisa is an easy baby in my eyes. I can console her 99% of the time and if she was my only baby and I could attend to her at anytime she would probably never cry. Now ask Omar how Marisa is and he would likely tell you she has colic and would truly think so if I wasn't there to rescue Marisa from his arms.

The best way to describe Marisa in these last few weeks is that she loves her mother. It seems natural that every baby loves their mother but I am amazed at how Marisa is instantly at peace in my arms. She falls asleep quickly with me when I simply hold her. If I could sit holding her for hours she would ask for nothing more. Marisa is patient. If I'm getting ready to nurse her she doesn't cry in my arms while she waits and I am very slow but she just stares at me with a look of adoration. And yes, Marisa does love her Daddy. He just has to try a little harder. He usually has success when bouncing with her on the exercise ball. Marisa will also sleep with Omar if she falls asleep with me first and then I pass her off to him but she will stay asleep for hours nonetheless. Marisa does not like her infant seat very much unless it is in the car consistently moving or on a bumpy ride in the stroller. She also likes to be swaddled when alone but doesn't need to be when she's next to us. She also loves to be in the Moby Wrap or the sling. Elena was never a clingy child who needed me much. I often wished she did. I wonder if Marisa will need me more. Here are some pictures of the last few weeks. Enjoy.
I do love my daddy!
my girls
Is that my sister?
always sleeping

4 comments:

Julia said...

I love the pic of Omar on the ball with the girls! Precious! My sister's husband went through this with their daughter too...she would scream and scream as a newborn anytime he tried to hold or console her. Now they have a wonderful relationship :) So I hope Omar isn't too discouraged...Marisa will come around!!!

IamtheMom said...

She sounds just like Sophie. I still say she is a great baby, now ask her daddy, and he will tell you all she does is cry. Well, babies need to love their mommies and be comforted by them- they did live inside of them for 9 months! I am glad she is doing well, and she is absolutely gorgeous. I am totally jealous of all of that hair! I can't wait to meet her!

Jamison said...

awwwwwww. Tell Omar I'm in the same boat as he is: Isaac is absolutely in love with Andrew, but me? He could take it or leave it.
=)

Therese said...

Your girls are so pretty, Josie!!!