Monday, April 7, 2008

Texas oranges


I have recently been adding more fruits and vegetables to my diet. I'm a little particular about fruit because flavor can vary within each fruit. I thought I didn't like oranges but really, I was just picking the wrong orange! I discovered Texas valley oranges when visiting Omar's family in the valley. They are the most delicious oranges I've ever had. Don't ask me how or why, but I have never been able to find Texas oranges at the grocery store here even when they're in season and even though the California ones seem to always be there and CA is farther away. So after tasting what they really should taste like, I just couldn't have a non-valley orange so up to now I've only enjoyed them yearly when we make the trip to the valley. Well, this weekend HEB had them!! I've been having a serving of fruit at every meal and I was ready for a change. If you live here, go grab a bag. They don't sell them individually only in 3 lb bags. (could be the reason I never found them). They are sooo good!!

No comments: