Monday, September 8, 2008

We're here!!

We made it safely and are slowly settling in. I've managed to snap a few photos.

What I love so far...

Waking up to breezy mornings to this view outside our bedroom window.


Walking to dinner


The beach only a 30 minute drive away


Morning walks at this nearby park


Our formal dining room turned playroom. We're very much casual people and have never had a formal dinner or own china. But even more importantly, my very busy belly crawler has sheer determination and almost made it out to the back porch so I'm very happy to keep them and the toys contained in one area. :)

What I miss...

Our driveway and garage. I just can't get used to the basement yet. And the driveway here is only wide enough for tandem parking meaning we park in a single file and play "musical chairs" with our cars

Our former open style kitchen

The warm water beach

Walking with friends at Central Park




Other pictures


5 comments:

Megan said...

Those are beautiful pictures!! It sounds like you have a very nice list of positives! I'm sure it will continue to grow as you get used to your new home.

Julia said...

The sweetest is the last one :) Why aren't you in any of the pics!?! Walking to dinner, how cool is that? Look how much there is to love. I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to hear MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!! Lots of love and we miss you like crazy.

Melissa said...

Love the feet pic! Enjoy the breezing mornings, it is hot here! Your photos are so picturesque. We miss you and are so glad you are settling in.

Tamara said...

I miss you guys! The pics are wonderful. "Walking to dinner" sounds so incredibly nice!

Jamison said...

JOSIE,
We miss you guys...I wish I could have said goodbye to you. Everything looks so lush and beautiful, I am glad your new home is a lovely one. =)