Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas








The girls opened their presents before morning Mass. We enjoy going to Christmas day Mass rather than Christmas Eve Mass but since it's pretty early the girls opened half of their gifts before mass and half after. They didn't seem to mind, but I don't know how long this set up will last. I imagine as they get older they will want to stay and play.

We actually had a little mishap, but thankfully nothing like last year's ER visit. We came home to a house smelling strongly of gas after Mass. As it turned out we forgot to turn off the stove all the way. We hung out outside while we aired out the house, but I was worried about knowing when it would be safe to come inside. The fire station is a quick quarter mile away so we walked over to ask. Omar insisted we didn't need to, but I the worrier mother needed that peace of mind. So off we went to inquire about what to do. The firefighters thought it would be best if they stopped by so they came in their big fire truck and parked it right in front of our driveway. You could imagine the girls' excitement. They came inside deemed it safe and we continued with a normal Christmas day.

1 comment:

Carmen Castro Martinez said...

Hi, Josie!! I've been getting an update on all your Christmas/winter activities. I love all the pictures!! I've been doing so many projects that I forgot to update my personal blog and have only been updating my designs blog. Anyway, I like your idea of Christmas morning/mass. I never thought about that!! I think I'll do that next year. I think it will definitely be better than (late)at night. Keep the posts coming!! Hope to see you all soon!!

Carmen :D