Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day


Even though I am a native Texan, it's been hard to accept that summers here consist of 100 degree weather and mean you typically spend summers indoors. I loved going to parks in the summer with the girls during the afternoons in Belmont when they really needed to get out of the house but now we have to rush to beat the sun in the mornings if we want to make it to a park. What I love here and is a stark contrast to summers in Belmont and Sonoma is the ability to go swimming and it actually feel refreshing and not frigid. While both the Bay Area and New England had bodies of water all around, you could only admire them in sight really except for one month out of the year but even then the water was still really really cold. Anyway, my point is I am happy to be back here and enjoy rivers, lakes, and warm beaches and physically go in them and enjoy them.

We found this neat little park on the Blanco River nearby in San Marcos and it wasn't even crowded considering it was a holiday weekend. We met up with my sister and her family and had a great time. It's so close to us that we think we'll go again.

No comments: