Friday, February 11, 2011

Karina update



I realized I had not updated on Karina and she's had some significant developments so I wanted to take note of them. She is now 7 weeks old and smiling up a storm. She loves her swing, baths and the mei tai. She has gone through 3 illnesses already all colds and luckily none of them bad. She currently has laryngitis and sounds absolutely pitiful. She has no other symptoms other than not much sound comes out when she cries. I played it safe and took her to the Dr. even though there was no fever. I was shocked to find out she gained a whole pound from last week. She is now 10 pounds, 11 ounces. I'm always amazed at the power of milk.

After having a colicky baby--Elena, then an easy breezy newborn--Marisa, I counted on this baby--Karina being right in the middle. Turns out she is the easiest. I'm still afraid to admit it and even hesitate to write it because I know how babies' phases change so quickly. But, she is 7 weeks and hasn't gotten any fussier. She does not sleep like a newborn, not my newborns anyway. She goes to sleep at 10:30pm wakes once in the middle of the night to nurse and then awakens between 6 and 7am when I'm up to take E to school anyway. So it really feels like she only wakes up once through the night. Yesterday she slept 6 hours!! Granted she is sick and I know it's not typical but I do get 4 hour stretches of sleep, usually 5.

The girls have been absolutely wonderful with her. They turn on her swing, bring her her paci when they hear her cry and deliver all kinds of things to me when I'm plopped down to nurse.

Have I mentioned how in love I am with her? I know. I have. But I can't help it.

No comments: