Monday, February 21, 2011

Poor Karina

Last week Karina had a fever of 101.9. I called the pediatrician and they told me I had to take her to the hospital because of her age. I knew from other friends' experiences that it would be unpleasant. Omar was out of town and it happened to be my first true time alone at home since Karina was born. (He'd been gone previously but I had help from his mom.) So that meant I had to bring the girls along. Luckily, I was able to drop Elena off with my cousin for the night and they also took her to school the next morning. Marisa had the stomach virus so she had to come with me. I knew what was ahead so I brought the stroller and she slept most of the time. My sweet little Karina was poked at least 6 times when they were trying to get an IV in and they even gave her a spinal tap. :( She cried and Mama cried too. We wound up spending the entire night there and finally arrived at home at 7 AM!! As I had suspected, they didn't find anything serious and said it was probably just a virus. She is much better now and I am so relieved that ordeal is over.

My sleeping beauties

3 comments:

Julia said...

:( I feel your pain! But thank God it was nothing serious and it is all over. I was a nervous wreck until Jonas was one month old ,I wouldn't let anyone else hold him after what we went through with Milo!

Julia said...

So glad baby Karina is all better! I wish I could have been there to help!

Tamara said...

I am so sorry you and Karina had to go through that. Although she will not remember it, I'm sure you will. I'm glad to hear she is doing much better.