Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Vegas


I joined Omar for a company business meeting in Las Vegas this past weekend. All the spouses were invited. It was nice getting to know each other and exploring the city with them. It was also nice to catch up with the ones I had already met.

The older girls stayed home with Grandma F. (Thanks Grandma F!!)and Karina came along. It sure felt like a break for Omar and I despite the presence of our little baby. Aside from us being experienced parents and knowing how difficult traveling with multiple children can be, Karina was so easy going that it felt as though we were on a vacation without kids.

We had not been to Vegas and had a wonderful time dining, walking the strip, taking in the chaos and lights and concluding with a show by Cirque de Soleil. We saw the Beatles--Love. It was stimulating to say the least but definitely worth seeing. The talent of the performers was just amazing. The show was my favorite part of our trip and then I'd have to say the Bellagio fountain and the inside of the hotel. All the hotels have their own personality and are huge as (the wives) discovered when attempting to get out of the MGM (where we stayed) our first morning there. It took us 40 minutes of going in circles to finally make it outside and onto the strip!! I'll get around to posting video of the Bellagio fountain soon along with some videos of the girls too. The upload takes forever and I'm off to have lunch with O before he heads off on another trip.


pseudo Eiffel tower
The Bellagio fountain


Lots and lots of flowers at the Bellagio, just breathtaking!
more flowers


Glass flowers on the ceiling of the Bellagio and now my wallpaper. :0)

A relaxing dinner with Karina sound asleep!
So adaptable and precious!!

The Strip at Night

At the MGM on our way out.

2 comments:

Hunter C said...

The inside of the bellagio was my favorite too! (though you probably saw that on my blog) And I love Dale Chihuly glass art and apparently you do too! My number one show I wanted to see was the Beatles Love Cirque show but it wasn't there the week we were there. Josie, I think we have a lot in common!! Too bad we don't live closer! Wanna move to denver?

Carmen Castro Martinez said...

Love, Love, Love all the pictures!! Charlie and I have yet to scratch "go to Vegas" off our bucket list. But I hope one day we get to make the trip...even if it's with the whole clan!!! =) Can't wait to see the videos!