Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's day


I had a lovely mother's day this year. I was woken up to the cutest (musical) card from the girls and then to yummy crepes made by Omar for the first time. They tasted much like the restaurant crepes I can't help but devour and I warned him that it may not be to his advantage that I now know he can make them. We went to church later and headed to SoCo for brunch. Since it was mother's day and we were (near) downtown we had to wait for a table. That ended up working out well because we were able to walk around the vicinity and check out some of the cute Austiny type shops we had not been to. We especially liked Allen's boots which I completely expected to be a typical Texas boot shop but it was incredible the amount of boots they had and the uniqueness to every single one. Luckily the price tags kept me from falling in love with them. The girls loved the boots too and REALLY wanted their own pair but instead we just enjoyed looking and trying on. After lunch we headed home for short naps and relaxed the rest of the afternoon. It couldn't have been a better day. I love my girls and the joy motherhood has brought me.

Girls and Boots!



Vespaio
My loves! The girls look so grown up to me this way--chatting away the way they are.

No comments: