Friday, August 31, 2007

Lost toys

I don't know why but I just can't stand losing toys, Elena's toys that is. All children's toys have parts and all children lose toys but regardless of that knowledge when a part of a toy is lost I go around the house searching and searching until I find it. Unfortunately, Elena went through a phase of dropping things into the trashcan. Now notice I didn't say throwing because she had no idea that what was going in there would be lost forever. And so although I tried my best to notice when something was missing and then digging into the trash and finding sippy cups, snack cups, and toys, Elena still managed to dispose of some parts to one of her favorite toys.
So I went to the manufacturer's website in attempt to find replacements. I had no luck but instead found myself looking at the equivalent toy in Spanish!!! Now this was extremely exciting to me because after teaching Spanish kindergarten for 5 years I found that educational Spanish materials were limited especially technology based ones. So, after searching the LeapFrog website more and more I continued to find more of their popular toys in Spanish. I was so thrilled I decided to make a wishlist for Elena. If your looking for Spanish or French LeapFrog toys visit their website. I am very impressed!!

1 comment:

Julia said...

I am glad I am not the only one who flips out about missing toys. It irks me to NO end! We're still missing the letter "M" from our leap frog toy!!!!! I also wanted to tell you I saw a good selection of Spanish board books at Half Price the other day! And they're having a super sale right now too. Probably shouldn't have said that ;)