Saturday, October 6, 2007

Another pregnancy post...

...I just can't help it, being pregnant makes pregnancy and everything about it on my mind 24/7. It's the last thing I think about before I go to sleep and the first thing on my mind as I awake. I went to visit my good friend Megan who just delivered a beautiful baby boy, Reed Joseph. She is the first of my playgroup mom friends to have a 2nd baby. I am next, so naturally I want to know everything about the 2nd time around. Megan looked so happy and radiant to be holding her newborn. Just seeing her this way reassured me of the end result. At times you believe you are going to be pregnant forever. And as I mentioned before, I also often feel fearful of what will happen this time. When you're pregnant for the first time you don't really know what to expect. Sure you read every pregnancy and childbirth book imaginable. You get all the advice from already veteran moms, but nothing really prepares you for everything that will happen to your body, your nights, your life. And so it's only natural to feel a little fearful about the 2nd time around because you know about those sleepless nights, the things that happen to your body that you only share with mothers, and the roller coaster of emotions you go through during such a short time. But as I saw Megan, I was reminded about this baby inside me that I will soon meet, and she reassured me that the 2nd time is better because you are more prepared of what will come even if things don't go as planned. So thanks Megan!!! I was so happy to meet Reed and visit with you. You resassured me that we can do this all over again. I only hope to look and feel as calm and serene as you did. Congratulations!!

4 comments:

Julia said...

I know exactly what you mean! Visiting with her brought me so much peace about what is to come. I'm so proud of her. And of you! Hope you guys had fun at the beach! See you next week!

Megan said...

You are so sweet! You totally made my day :)

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?