Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Marisa's 3 month update





Marisa is becoming more alert these days. The stages are sneaking up on me for several reasons I think. One, two children keep me busier. Two, I'm aware of the stages so when they happen I think, "oh, I remember this" and finally Marisa is an entire month ahead of Elena since she [Elena]was a month premature so I'm surprised that they're happening so soon.

On most mornings Marisa wakes up talking. And when I get up to greet her she smiles continuously. Every now and then she gives me a giggle but I can't quite figure out how to get her to do it on cue. It happens unexpectedly sometimes and it's a lot of fun.

Even Elena is noticing Marisa's new socializing skills. She is starting to talk to her more and play with her. She insists on Marisa holding toys that Elena places in her hands. Elena is 2nd to me in calming Marisa if she's crying and I can't get to her quickly. I love this part!! They're already connecting.

Marisa is holding her head up well and for long periods during tummy time. She also has strong legs and often catches me by surprise as she bounces off my legs.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I wanted to gobble her up today, she is such a yummy-smelling little baby!!! :) I started tearing up as I watched her sucking her thumb and sleeping in the bassinet! Thanks for letting us watch her today, it's very good practice for me! :)