Saturday, March 29, 2008

Eee-I-Eee-I-O


For sometime now I have wanted to take Elena to a place where she could interact with farm animals. Since agriculture is Omar's field of work, I want the girls exposed to it as much as possible. We finally took them to The Oil Ranch. Even Marisa spent some time awake to be involved in the action. Elena was a litle wary of the large animals but had no reservations with those her height and smaller.


This was the best part of the ranch. You take a hay ride to a pasture with cattle and you feed them. They expect this, so they burrow their huge heads through the gaps in the trailer and literally eat out of your hand! Unfortunately, I forgot the camera here.


She was trying to get near the rooster, but it kept fleeing
"I don't have anymore food!"

Elena didn't want to ride on the pony but it was an accomplishment getting her on for the picture. You can see her saying no.
This was the milking station. Omar and I milked the cow. Elena didn't want to, but she came really close.
On the train

2 comments:

Julia said...

This looks reaaaaaaaaaaally fun! Tell me where this is again. We want to plan a zoo trip very very soon, but this might be even better!

Megan said...

How fun!!! You got some really great pictures.