Friday, October 3, 2008

Marisa is 10 months old


I don't really have a pattern to these updates. Every once in a while I feel this urgency to journal about these milestones I don't want to forget them. So here goes.

These days Marisa is enjoying crawling all over the house. She does crawl with her belly off the floor sometimes. She does so often in carpeted places, but she still prefers to belly crawl especially if she must get to something quickly. She likes to crawl holding an object in each hand. Perhaps she prefers belly crawling because she does not want to let go of her toys. She's pulling up on surfaces and I love to see her pull up on her crib to greet us every morning. We even get a wave sometimes. She does love to wave and also waves each time I put her down in her crib for a nap. I chuckle each time because I didn't show her this but she learned we leave for naps so she likes to say good bye. She takes two naps about 1 1/2 hours long.

Marisa LOVES to eat...everything. She joins us at each mealtime and mostly has what we're eating. She learned quickly that what we were eating tasted much better and would demand we give her some so I obliged. It was my perception that because she was eating a lot she must be growing perhaps very tall like her daddy. Everywhere in public people commented on how big she was for her age. But to my surprise at her 9 month check up she was in the 50th percentile in weight and height. She's 18 1/2 lbs.

She loves playing games with her sister, and Elena is the one who makes her giggle about anything. She asks for me often and for a while I thought mama, mama, mama, mama, wasn't directed at me necessarily since she likes to say it as she crawls around the house. But, every night that she wakes up Omar gets her out of the crib and she immediately starts to say mama, mama, mama until she's in my arms. Sweet I know but not always at 2am. Daddy also makes Marisa giggle and she greets him with a big smile everytime he arrives from work. She loves the games he plays with her.

And Elena is 3 years next month so be on the lookout for that update soon.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
Her ever so famous wave





No comments: