Monday, March 16, 2009

Cruisin'

I can't pinpoint a reason, but I am suddenly finding myself doing extra projects around the house aside from my normal duties. As I started noticing myself doing this I realized that for the first time since mothering two children, I feel I'm falling into a routine. I'm laughing at myself as I type this because Marisa is over a year and I'm just now feeling a routine? I'm not saying I haven't had a routine all this time because I have, but the difference is I feel things more under control, and dare I say this, but I feel like I'm cruisin'. You know, when you can parent without thinking, the day just flows, and your not wondering how you're going to make it through the day. Maybe feeling adjusted until this point in time makes sense. I did after all feel this when Elena was around 6-8 months and now with two kids it's taken about double the time to adjust. Maybe it's because Marisa is napping only once a day now and for the first time her naps are in sync with Elena's naps, or maybe it's just them finally being used to each other. Who knows, it may be all completely unrelated to me and for all I know next week both girls will hit a different stage of development, and I will be eating my own words, but at least for now, for just a moment, I'd like to feel I'm getting the hang of this two child parenting business.

And here's one of those projects I completed while the girls napped. It's a half-buckle mei tai I bought for Omar on TBW for $24 bucks!! The shoulder straps of my soft structured carrier were too small for him to wear comfortably so this carrier was the perfect solution for him since it easily buckles at the waist like an SSC, but has completely adjustable and long mei tai shoulder straps that tie. I thought he might like the camo print but he prefers the solid black side so I decided to cover up the camo with a different print I like. Now we have a carrier we can both use.

Before

After


Pretty easy project, but really the first project type thing I've done in a long, long time.

2 comments:

Julia said...

I really enjoyed this post. It was so honest and encouraging! Way to go on the mei tei, it's so lovely, I'm so glad you are in a groove! We're getting closer every day to the "new normal" over here - it's a moving target though, since things are always changing! Sighhhh :)

Jamison said...

Whoa! Julia took the words right out of my mouth--what an encouragement to read this entry! :)
A year...it feels like forever, but then with babies it flies by. So strange.
Miss ya, friend. Hope all is well.