Monday, March 9, 2009

Marisa is 15 months



Little one, I blinked and you were suddenly a toddler! In a matter of weeks you have become an expert walker, quickly walking everywhere and always on the go. Because the snow and ice is finally melting, I let you walk around the park yesterday. You were so excited exploring a new world outside with your walking feet. You like pushing the doll stroller, Daddy's suitcase and anything that rolls. You also like to get into baskets and bins. You love baby dolls and get so excited if you see them at the toy store. You love baths very much. The other day Daddy said, "Elena, are you ready for your bath?" But you were the one who proclaimed to be ready by giving a loud shriek and rapidly heading straight to the bathroom yelling, ba, ba!" In fact, you're the reason Elena comes to the bathroom for her bath. She doesn't want to bathe without you. Recently your sister is becoming so sympathetic towards you. She gives you kisses when you're hurt and yesterday helped you walk down the hill at the park. She shares her food with you which you are often thankful for because I'm often slow to get you refills. Yes, you still love to eat and it seems you can eat forever. You are open to trying new foods. Recently you tried pizza and loved it. There is hardly anything you will not eat.

You surprise us daily with your awareness of things that we have never pointed out to you before. The other day we asked Elena to set the table, but Elena was not coming so I gave you the place mats instead and you took them to the table and tried very hard to reach. You eventually put them in their place with half of the place mat hanging off the table because you couldn't reach.

You don't like us to get you dressed, change your diaper or do your hair. You have too much to do to get bothered by such frivolous things. You especially hate hats, hoods, and mittens and protest very much if they are on anywhere but outdoors. I guess that makes sense. You must wonder, "Why does mom put these articles of clothing inside the house (before heading out)?" You have become interested in books these days and will often look through some and bring them to me to read to you but you want to read them your way and flip through the pages quickly and get to the next one.

You love to brush your teeth by yourself, all 16 of them!! Could this be the reason for your restless nights? New molars in 2 months? You seem to have dropped your morning nap too and are now down to one on most days.

You still love to be carried on my back and I will be sad when these days are over. Recently we volunteered at your sister's school and you loved riding on my back and watching the kids play. You also enjoyed playing with them later and being part of the crowd. Being back carried is also the only way you allow me to make dinner sometimes. You would rather be involved in the action rather than waiting impatiently.

My dear Little One, I love your open mouth kisses every time I get you out of the crib in the mornings. I love how you get so happy when I get a carrier and you raise your arms up to be carried. I love your sweet happy smiles!









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

15 months already, Marisa! She is such a toddler!!! I can't believe it! I'm so glad she still loves being in the carrier too! I think I'd like to try Milo on my back soon too. I'll be asking your advice soon! Love and kisses to you all!

Julia said...

Marisa is sleeping with the paci now??? So cute ;) I love the one of you and her peeking out together! Miss you guys so much.