Wednesday, September 19, 2012

July

Every summer I get together with my cousin Miriam whom I grew up with. She lives in north Austin and you'd think we'd see each other more but we typically only seem to make it work during the summer because she is off then. Anyway, it's always fun and we always talk about getting together more. Her son Alex and the girls get along great and always give us many laughs.
We dressed up for free food at CFA. It was actually fun. Initially I never want to dress up in costume but when I do I enjoy it.
I got really sick one day while Omar was out of town. While I did absolutely nothing, the girls helped out (below) with the baby. It was a proud mom moment for sure.
It hadn't rained in forever so I took a picture to prove it was raining to Omar who wasn't in TX. I also attempted a quick trip to the grocery store because we were out of milk and other necessities. It ended up being quite disastrous on this particular day because Marisa was sick(probably from the same illness I had previously) and threw up just as we arrived. I took the the double stroller in anticipation which ended up great because Marisa had no interest in walking after getting sick, but after the trip, for whatever reason the stroller wouldn't fold. I struggled to fold it in the pouring rain and became soaked. I was still appreciative that we finally received enough rain. Omar really didn't believe how much rain we got so I sent him a picture of me soaking wet.
Omar had work near Houston so Karina and I met up with my best friend Ana and Linda who live there and celebrated Ana's birthday. I met Alyssa, Linda's daughter for the first time. The older girls went to visit my parents during that week.
Our sweet neighbor passed down her older daughters' tea sets to our girls. They couldn't wait to use their tea sets so they insited on Omar being their first guest. They then made plans for a tea party with friends which happened later in August.
Omar and I attended the new Austin City Limits venue--the Moody Theatre to watch a longtime favorite artist of his, Dwight Yoakum, who has grown on me over the years. The concert was fun and had a great atmosphere. I loved that the music was so reminiscent of our dating days

No comments: