Friday, September 21, 2012

Centroamericanto Fest

Centroamericanto Fest is a festival showcasing Central American singer song writers. My family is Honduran so when I learned about the festival, I had to attend and I had to invite my parents. It was a pretty hot day for September. I kept the girls cool by spraying them with a water mister I brought and we drank plenty of agua de sandia and agua de limon, oh and I can't forget the super delicious homemade pupusas I devoured. Later that night we got a babysitter for a night performance of the Central American music artists at the Cactus Cafe, a favorite music venue of mine here in Austin. My favorite Central American singer of the night was Guillermo Anderson who turned out to be from Honduras in the same town and neighborhood that my mom lived. She didn't know him but it was neat to learn that. If you like the Putamayo Children's CD's, he's also featured on the Animal Playground CD. Below are some pictures of the day. I also have a separate video post of Guillermo Anderson because I couldn't figure out how to include it here.

No comments: