Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cranberry Bread Recipe

If you know me, you know cooking and baking aren't my strength. I first made this bread in my classroom with my kindergarten students. The entire grade level made it with their students after reading the story Cranberry Thanksgiving, so I had no choice. :) That should explain why it's simple; it's in the back of the book. But regardless of the fact that it's from a children's book, it really is delicious and perfect for the occasion. Go ahead, try it!

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup butter
1 egg beaten
1 tsp grated orange peel
3/4 cup orange juice
1 cup of fresh cranberries

Sift dry ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Add egg, orange peel, and orange juice; stir until moist. Fold cranberries. Spoon into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for an hour and 10 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments: