Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Marisa!!



Dear Marisa,

I can't believe you're one my little one. The year has surely flown by. Marisa, at a year you are cruising and getting into everything. You are a curious, observant and persistent child. Quite often you have a listening look or watchful eyes at everything going on around you. You have learned to sign more, milk, and can say, mama, dada, and ten (in Spanish meaning here.) You know the meanings to the words dormir, comer, uvas and osito. You love to give open mouth kisses, and I love to receive them. Today you gave a first real hug with arms around me and you held tight. One of your favorite things to do right now is take the books from the bookshelf one by one and throw them on the floor. You also enjoy emptying baskets and bins. You love to dance to music or even move to my singing. You clap or bounce when excited. You love to eat and love all foods. You have never thrown food off your eating tray because you want to eat it all. (Jake was not so happy with you about this one.) I struggle to know when you are done because you are always up for more. Nursing is quick for you as it has always been and when you're done you don't hang around, you are ready to play with your sister. I gave you some whole milk this week but your face told me you didn't like it. This surprises me since I have yet to find a food you don't like. I do hope you will like it soon. You take two naps a day and every once in a while like today, you will take a third nap. You seem to like baby dolls already. Something about them interests you and you are drawn to them if you see one at someone else's house or at the store. You love to be held and love to be back carried. I love carrying you in my carriers because you are so happy to see the world from up high. If you are upset this always makes you happy.

Why, why must babies grow? I wish to remember these times forever. Happy Birthday little one!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing






hugging your doll
listening to birthday wishes


6 comments:

Rachel said...

I can't believe she is one! Happy birthday, sweet little girl. You sure are getting cuter and cuter--as if that was possible.

Julia said...

Happy Birthday sweet baby! She looks so happy and excited! I love the baby doll, what a lovely gift! Marisa is ONE! Where on earth has the time gone???? Miss you guys! And why haven't you decorated the tree yet????!!!

Jamison said...

Seriously!! I can't believe it! Happy Birthday, Marisa! Wish we could have celebrated with you all. :)

Josie said...

Julia!! I thought I'd get away with no one noticing the undecorated tree. Ha! Soon, this weekend. :)

Tamara said...

I'm in shock - one already! Happy Birthday Marisa!! I really can't believe it! You guys look wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Feliz cumpleanos, Marisa. This is one way I get to "see" you all and pass on the updates to mom and tias. Ya'll look good. My kiddos like seeing the mini videos as do I. Lots of love.

Tia Dalia